Global IT Support Engineer - Phoenix, AZ.September 11, 2017 - Present
- Troubleshooting PC's, network, and infrastructure issues.
- Triaging and repairing server & network hardware.
- Handle day to day IT support duties through ticketing system.
- Maintain equipment and train userbase on its use
KEARNY MESA TAX INC.
IT Manager - San Diego, CA.January 2005 - Present
- Accountable IT Manager for the company. I am involved in maintaining the security and health of the user pc’s, IT infrastructure, day to day issues, as well as maintaining the customer database.
- Recently moved office into a new building.
- Pulled in all new cabling and a new Cisco switch
- Implemented a new NAS for increased speed and reliability. Added a new network printer.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the owners.
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems and procedures.
- Design and maintain company website (kearnymesatax.com)
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Licensed and bonded CTEC registered tax preparer with the State of California License number #A165001 (no longer current)
- Designed, built, and maintain IT infrastructure for the company including Server, NAS, Networked Printers, and Real Time Offsite Backups
Project Manager – Scottsdale, AZ.February 9th 2016 – December 5th 2016
- Internal to AEGBT, I functioned as a Program Director where I manage a team of up to 8 people, 5 of them are offshore.
- Knowledge transfer – Consolidation of 3 incumbent teams into 1 new team with no old team members retained while business remaining transparent to the changes.
- Auditing existing CRM system and implement corrections and improvements.
- Refine queues, CBO’s, addin’s, and product lists
- Auditing current support ticketing system (Outlook) and implementing a new system (OsTicket)
- Rebranding of SaaS product (Oracle Service Cloud)
- Day to day operations of the BAU and Tech support team. Support a user base of about 8000 users and contacts.
- CP2 to CP3 migration/Upgrade
Technical Support Manager – Bozeman, MT.January 2nd 2013 - February 5th 2016
- Managed up to 22 people, 15 off continent, hiring, firing, setting up training, and day-to-day issues. Interface with the other two shift managers and ensuring the transition between shifts is smooth. Maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting internal SLT’s and guidelines.
- Support manager - handling the team which is the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) & Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle Service Cloud products.
- Effectively use virtual conferencing, instant messaging, and standard telephony to manage an global support team
- Upgraded a data collection tool – (RNTinfo.bat) Windows batch file used to diagnose PC issues; created a JAVA version of the RNTinfo data collector; the project was completed, adopted, and is currently in use as OSCinfo.bat
- Created a new dashboard for the team to facilitate performance, have seen a 27% increase in customer satisfaction
- Created a Mediawiki which is used to consolidate the diverse tools that are used to troubleshoot the technical issues of customers, SR solve rate increased 24%
- Conduct Technical interviews for job candidates along with technical screening, hired 74% of selected interviewees in FY14
DAHLIN COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES (DCS)
Owner - San Diego, CA.February 9th 1995 - December 27th 2012
- Consulting and bidding on studio builds, engineering remote radio broadcasts, and providing contracted technical and IT support. Managed business development and operations of DCS including both technical and customer support at all levels; created a noble name brand.
- Held the exclusive contract for Sea World San Diego for all their radio broadcast requirements, for 15 years:
- Managed all remote radio broadcasts for Sea World San Diego; ISDN & Comrex IP as conductivity for Live Radio Shows, and technical & customer support on-site during live shows
- Increased the income of the company & forged new affiliations with different clients to earn their business
- Designed and built turnkey radio stations, from an empty building to a fully functional broadcast facility:
- Worked with clients to gather design specifications, supported finished studios and supplied on call technical support; fully integrated national broadcast studios with interoperability
- Handled the studio design including all audio, computer networks (LAN/VLAN/WAN) and logic systems
Broadcast Engineer - Culver City, Los Angeles, CAAugust 2012 - December 27th 2012
- Launched NBC Sports Talk Network
- Studio Upgrades and Maintenance
- Handle all Studio IT issues
- Designed and implemented new On air chain for CBS Sports Talk Network
Broadcast Engineer - Los Angeles, CAMarch 2001 - May 2007
- Radio Engineer in charge of all day to day operations and special projects. Moved KLSX to a new broadcast facility built by Lynn Duke and myself.
- Assisted in the design, construction and implementation of a new broadcast facility for CBS Radio containing: FM (KRTH, KLSX, KTWV) AM (KNX, KFWB)
- Each station was configured with two redundant production servers, data servers and audio servers. (All Dell equipment.), Total of 21 Dell workstations.
- All wiring, audio (Analog and Digital), networking (CAT 5e), Logic (Belden 25pair)
- Inventory manager for all 3 FM stations.
- Pulled cabling up to the roof for Studio/Transmitter link (STL), (Coax, Cat5e, Multimode Fiber, logic)
- Worked with Promotions Manager (Mike Olson) on revenue generating remote broadcasts at client sites.
Chief Engineer - Oakland, CA.November 2000 - March 2001
- Spanish Language International Broadcast Group
- Chief Engineer of KXJO Oakland
- Completed broadcast facility in four months and $25,000 under budget.
- IT Manager (Cisco switches, Dell workstations and Dell servers), Phone Switch Admin (Mitel), and RF Engineer (10000 Watt BE Solid State Transmitter, T1 data path with ISDN Backup.)
- Installed new Scott Studios automation system with all associated Networking and Logic
- Created Amazon AWS instance to host MYSQL server
- Created Amazon AWS instance to host VoIP server
- Created Virtual Machine running Windows Server to host Citrix system
- Setup an External RAID 1 configuration for added storage (1.5TB)
- Created various Virtual Machine using Linux for testing